"Mend" - Class September 27th
The word for this week is "mend." What immediately comes to mind, of course, is my mother (and her illness). My mother loves to hike. I get my passion for hiking from her. Because we both love hiking, I am planning a short backpacking trip for us this winter. My partner and my brother will also join us. We will be attempting to thru hike the recently established Back Bone Trail in the Santa Monica Mountains. The trail is about 70 miles and is close to where my family lives in Los Angeles.
The drawing I made this week is of Malibu Creek State Park. I chose to draw Malibu Creek State Park because it will be one of our stops along the trail. (Also, I booked the tent site earlier today. So it was on my mind.) I did not take the photo on which the drawing is based. The bottom half of the drawing is collage. I made it from shredded magazine covers. The top half of the drawing is someone else's original image as well. I used black construction paper and a silver pen to create the starry sky.
The drawing I made this week is of Malibu Creek State Park. I chose to draw Malibu Creek State Park because it will be one of our stops along the trail. (Also, I booked the tent site earlier today. So it was on my mind.) I did not take the photo on which the drawing is based. The bottom half of the drawing is collage. I made it from shredded magazine covers. The top half of the drawing is someone else's original image as well. I used black construction paper and a silver pen to create the starry sky.
Starry Sky, Primus Database.


I like this a lot. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kenny!
ReplyDelete