Tree/Wind - 3/14/17
The word for this week felt very appropriate. I also like the lyric from the song associated with the word: "Just like a tree, standing by the waterside..." This past weekend I visited my grandfather in Carmel. He is very sick and in hospice care at home. I took a picture of some oak trees on the way back to Berkeley for this drawing. The colors are loosely based on an oil painting above my grandfather's bed of a field of red poppies. Below the painting on the mantel there were some yellow daffodils from Trader Joe's. I wanted to make a drawing made up of mainly these two colors.

Saturated colors and profound life experiences. Is there a connection?
ReplyDeletemaybe...a lot going on right now. thanks for reading! hope all is well. got a couple of inreach messages from you today. glad that you're out hiking!
ReplyDeleteLife seems to come in waves.
ReplyDeleteThe hike wasn't much progress, but the mountains were in fine shape. Here's a link to a couple photos of snow in the San Gabriels. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzduRAnBpvXIZTd4bjlWTW5Ha2M?usp=sharing