Overlook - 4/4/17



Wildflowers in the Grapevine, CA (March 2017)

I took a bus back to Berkeley from Los Angeles on Friday. I had spent spring break in Los Angeles with my family. The bus was a double-decker Megabus that I got on at Union Station in downtown LA. I got to the station early enough that I was able to get a seat on the second floor of the bus. There were windows that were probably four feet long and there was also a skylight, so I had a good view of the wildflowers blooming in the Grapevine heading north on I-5. The Grapevine is that pass that you travel through right before hitting the Central Valley. I've driven through the Grapevine so many times, either on the way to Berkeley, or Monterey, or Yosemite, and the hills have never looked like the pictures above. To be honest I've probably never really looked closely at these hills. I thought the Grapevine would be a good subject for the word this week because they are so easy to overlook.

I also did a drawing of some wildflowers in a meadow in Anza-Borrego (below). I was able to go to the desert at the beginning of the break. But I didn't quite capture it. It was too beautiful there. I probably need to do a few more, but there's not enough time to do multiple drafts in one week...

Wildflowers in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (March 2017)

Comments

  1. This year's rain transformed the San Gabriels. Last week, the western approach to Mt. Williamson was hidden under 2 feet of snow. Too icy to kick in at places and steep--at the angle of repose. No one had cut a path. Crampon conditions. Another storm this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch - 1/23/18

Seem - 4/18/17