Open - 2/5/18


I made this using oil paint as a base layer and then I let the paint dry and I used pastel on top of the paint. The reference is the set of photos (below) that I had taken last fall of a moth on a stainless steel countertop in the industrial kitchen of my co-op. I think that the phrase the "back and forth between these worlds of feeling and meaning" is what I am aiming for in the work that I am doing. The work that I do in my professional life is all about "meaning." This class is a space where I can try to convey pure "feeling," and yet I hope to also continue to refine my work so that it includes elements that are anchored by some elements which are more grounded in the real world.


Comments

  1. Reminds me of photos I've seen from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Here's an example: http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2003/04/18/2003.04.18.gm030703.jpg. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch - 1/23/18

Seem - 4/18/17